Dec 20, 2011

A Cleaning Routine

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
Proverbs 31:27

I've been discouraged for about a month as to how messy and unorganized my house has been looking. I know it'll be messy since we are at home and I have 5 kids, but I could see that I needed to get some things in order since I no longer had the excuse of being pregnant with toddlers running around. (laughing)

So, since we're on our school break, I saw that this was a good time to sit and seek the Lord for a plan to better care for the home. By His grace, here's what I came up with. I plan on having us clean the house 3 times a day. Yep! Three times. I had a friend share with me that's what she does and I never forgot it. I call it "Clean Up #1, #2, and #3". We clean apart of the house after each meal. Here's the plan:


Daily Clean Up Routine

Clean Up #1
Bathrooms
  • Wipe out the sink
  • Clean mirrors
  • Clean the toilets
  • Clean the shower
  • Put products away and under the sink
Bedrooms
  • Make your bed
  • Fold or hang clothes and put them away
  • Straighten dresser tops

Clean up #2
Living Room
  • Straighten up the sofa
  • Arrange bookshelves
  • Arrange computer area
  • Pick thing off of the floor
  • Arrange the fireplace area
  • Open and/or put the mail away
Dining Room
  • Clean and clear the table
  • Clean under the table

Clean up #3
Bedrooms
  • Make your bed
  • Fold or hang clothes and put them away
  • Straighten dresser tops
Living Room
  • Straighten up the sofa
  • Arrange bookshelves
  • Arrange computer area
  • Pick thing off of the floor
  • Arrange the fireplace area
  • Open and/or put the mail away
Dining Room
  • Clean and clear the table
  • Clean under the table
I timed us to see how long it would take for us to do it. I'm hoping to see us beat the clock today!! But, I'm glad that there's some structure as to how to better mantain the house. When my husband came home, he did cheers and everything to show how proud he was of me. (laughing) I LOVE that man!! I pray to be diligent and consistent with this new plan.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for allowing me to come up with the cleaning routine. It's been great to see how the kids and I can work together to help maintain our house. Thank You, in Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment