Dec 14, 2011

A New Workout Routine

"...but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified." 1 Corinthians 9:27

For the past year, I've been able to loose all of my pregnancy weight and some of my marriage weight. Praise God! It's been a long journey, but I'm thankful for how the Lord delivered me from a food addiction and has given me a new love of eating food in a way of enjoyment instead of as a need for comfort like I did in the past. Although I still have a lot to learn, I'm thankful for how far He has brought me. Even to the point of turning away from the foods that kept me in my addiction (Ex: chocolate candies).

Along the journey, God has helped me to exercise. I've been walking with Leslie Sansone during my entire weight loss journey. Now, it's time to change the pace. I've discovered KICKBOXING!! It's my second day of doing it and MAN has it been KICKING me!! (laughing) It's amazing how much my body needs to learn how to move and keep up with the instructor. I found myself laughing (instead of crying) because I was so behind and weren't able to keep up with her. I'm thankful that the workout is only for 20 minutes. I don't think I'd be able to complete the workout if it was longer than that.

When I finished exercising, I was able to see the benefit of doing a new routine. It's like my body was getting used to the other ones (which I'm sure I'll still use from time to time), but it was COMFORTABLE with how it moved parts of my body. I learned when and how to move and my body has become accustom to it. But, now that it's a new exercise routine, my body now has to CHANGE it's old way of moving in order to learn the new moves so that it can get adjusted to it.

As I thought of that, my heart longed to see my emotions CHANGE and I'm sure in due time it will. But, it's still a struggle to learn how to control my emotions on how not to react in the old way that I've become COMFORTABLE to responding in. I'm comforted over the fact that as I daily "workout my salvation" and continue to "beat my body into subjection", I'll soon see the changes as God will help me to respond emotionally in a new way because at the end, I want to not be known for how much weight I lost, but I want to be known for how much I've grown in Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for ministering to me even in the midst of a workout. May I continually look to You to be renewed in my inner man daily. In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment