Jan 29, 2013

In Search For The NEXT Workout


"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."
James 1:5

I've been enjoying my morning workout routines. I can often have a love/hate feeling towards it, but for the most part, it's been a great thing for me. 3 years ago, I was able to loose about 40 pounds! Since then, it's been a constant battle to strive to keep it off. For the most part, I've been able to keep a good amount of it off, praise God!

But, I think my body has reached a plateau and so, I've been searching, praying, and asking God for wisdom as to how I can come out of it. It's been a joy to be reminded that God is with me. He was the One Who has given me the strength, zeal, and determination to loose the weight and I want to always remember how much I still need Him.

So, there's been a couple of exercises and workout DVD's that I'm looking into trying. Here's what they are:

1. Running up and down my drive way. Since I don't have a running partner and I don't honestly feel safe to run by myself, I've chosen to just run up and down my driveway. I know that sounds boring, but it's some type of workout. LOL

2. Jump roping. Now, I haven't done that yet. But, I look forward to getting a real nice pair of jump ropes to try this. I'll also have to purchase some for the kids because I can see them wanting to do it too! LOL KIDS!

3. Cathe Friedrich DVDs. Okay, this woman seems like she'll work me to the CORE!! LOL I was able to sample A LOT of her DVDs and they look like the type of workouts that I'm looking for. The best thing about her workouts is that she has SO MANY things to do and choose from. So, if I was able to purchase them, I can see how I'll always be able to keep challenging my body.

It's good to seek God's face about this. I've been able to learn so much about my body, fitness, health, etc. I honestly think that if I didn't involve the Lord in this, I'd be mainly focusing on loosing my weight to look good. But, it's truly about fitness. I also want to maintain a certain weight size, but the main goal is to stay fit and healthy. I also personally want to be an example of what God can do. I've been able to testify that it was the Lord Who has helped me loose my weight and I want those who have witnessed it, to see that YES He can also help me to keep it off too. To God be the glory!!

Dear Lord, thank You for all that You're doing in me to learn how to stay in shape and to be fit. Please help me to remain focus on You and to not make exercising an idol. Holy Spirit, please convict and show me when I do. In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment