Feb 1, 2013

Television Is Back In The HOUSE

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:11-13


I'm thankful that we're teaching our children that having a television is just a treat not a NEED! During the school week (Monday - Thursday), the television isn't on. They pretty much get to listen to audio books and just play after school is over. It's been such a treat to not have them waste time sitting on the couch watching television all day.

Not watching television during the school week and having them listen to audiobooks made it so easy for us to be without a television for 2 weeks. Our old television went out on us. When we were finally able to purchase one, we were able to purchase one, it was nice to have, but I can tell that it wasn't something that we felt like it was missing from our home. It was as if the television had been off for 2 weeks instead of for 8 days.

Dear Lord, thank You for providing us with another television. It was a blessing that we didn't really miss it and that's all because You are teaching us to remember having a television is just a treat, not a need.

No comments:

Post a Comment