May 11, 2013

A Different Mother's Day Attitude


Philippians 2:5-8

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross!"

I'm excited to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow, Lord willing. I'm excited because this will be a different Mother's Day for me. It'll be different due to God giving me a different attitude about the day.

I confess, I saw the day as a day to be all about ME! Yep! I'm the Mommy and you know...give me my due. Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful for us to honor mothers. I'm not knocking that in ANY WAY. Believe me, I'm excited to get my cards, presents, and the other wonderful things that my family will do for me. I'm also excited to do the same for my mothers, sisters, and friends.

But, for my ATTITUDE about it, I'm thankful for having a heart to really use that day to SHOW my family how I'm thankful for THEM making me a mom.

So, as I was blessed to have time to myself all day at the mall, instead of buying gift only for myself, the Lord gave me the idea to get gifts for my FAMILY!! So, I'm excited to present each gift to them tomorrow. I mean....they are the reason (apart from God of course) that I'm a MOMMY!

Dear Lord,

Thank You for changing my thought pattern about this day. Lord, You know there was a time that I was really a spoiled brat about that day. I really would get upset if I didn't get a chance to get into the bed for my nap, or was too impatient to see my card, etc. Even though my family didn't see it outwardly (I hope not), but YOU saw my heart. I'm thankful for You already having that day planned for me to be praying for the saints and then to use my time away at the mall to help me to see a better way to enjoy the day. You truly can change one's heart. Thank You for changing mines. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment