Nov 24, 2011

Building Traditions - Making Memories

This has been another memorable Thanksgiving. It's amazing how God has blessed me with two wonderful families. The first one is the one that I was born into. Thanksgiving was always one of my favorite holidays. I used to enjoy watching my mother preparing the dishes in the kitchen. I could tell that she enjoyed getting things ready for everyone who would be joining us that day. It was great seeing my aunts, uncles, and cousins come to our house. I was always excited to see everyone.

Now that I'm married and we live far from our families, we aren't able to be with them for the holidays. It's a little sad not being able to see them and for me to taste my mother's stuffing, turkey, and gravy. But, it has become a blessing. It has allowed me to be able to call my mother and get her recipes, it has allowed me to teach my girls how to fix and prepare certain thanksgiving meals. It also allows me to see how blessed I am to have a dear husband who loves me and the kids. Being able to see all of this makes me forget about other family members (not in a bad way), but it helps me to remember who are my closest and dearest family members. That we pray will one day build on our traditions and will make memories for them to share with our grandchildren in years to come.

Thank You, Lord for giving me a wonderful family right here in my home. May Matt and I continue to look to You to build many traditions and memories for our little ones. In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment