Jan 21, 2013

I've Heard That Name Before


"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:3-4

Nelly was blessed to go and hang out at a friend's house today. It's a blessing when things like that can work out since right now, our family is far away from our church members and that I'm unable to take them to various friend's houses for playdates. So, whenever times like these get arranged, I'm truly grateful.

Nelly and I have been praying for her to have that special friend. So far, 2 of my kids have a special friend and the other 2...well, I don't they particularly CARE if they have one! LOL But, Nelly is truly at the age where she wants to get out more and talk to various girls who share similar interests that she has.

One thing I love about my times with each of my kids, is that I get to learn who they are. Whenever I'm spending time with Nelly, it's so cool to see what a funny and energic girl she is. I often sit there and think to myself, "She's so cool! Why can't others see how cool she is?" Well, it seems like there's a sweet young girl who is learning that.

What's so funny about this girl, is that she has the SAME NAME as a my best friend's daughter!! LOL I'm not sure if Nelly sees the coolness in that, but I do. So far, I've heard nothing but good things when they are together.

Lord, if this precious girl is the one that Nelly and I have prayed for, please allow their friendship to grow. Please help her mother and I to see to it that it grows. May we look out for our girls no matter how our lives as women are different. May it not be an hinderance for our girls (and even us). In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment