Jan 22, 2013

Potty Training BLUES!!!


"But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Okay! I know that Zech is (as far as I know) our last child. But, it seems like potty training this time shows how much, I confess, I DON'T LIKE IT!! LOL

It's daunting! LOL You have to make sure you're mindful of putting them on the toilet because for the most part, they AREN'T thinking about it!! So, it's requires time and patience. Whew! Talk about a SANTIFYING process! MAN! I have seen my sin of impatience (and LAZINESS) so clearly since I've started potty training him.

Also, he's so funny. I mean, the boy can talk. I guess I was wrong thinking to wait until he was 3! The others weren't so vocal as he is. He can EXPRESS his frustration (never in a way that's disrespectful. Believe me, Mr. & Mrs. Hodges ain't having that!) but in a way that shows what his little mind is thinking. Like, "Mommy, I _____ already." or "I'm done (haven't EVEN tried)." and so much more. smh. I tell you. Zech is having me go out with a BANG! smh

Dear Lord, I confess, although potty training this time is stressful and a lot of hard work, I'm thankful to be at a stage where I can truly sit back and enjoy it because at one time, I was too busy being pregnant with the next child being a toddler or preschooler in the background! LOL But, You've slowed things down now for me to be able to TRY to enjoy this last little one in potty training. Help me to continue to look to You for Your sufficient grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment