Jan 25, 2013

Journals, Journals, Journals

Here lately, I've been really into journaling and keeping up with many things that's happening in my life. I feel like I'm at a different stage of life now. With the many new things that are happening with the kids, Matt, and myself, I didn't want to miss the opportunity to be able to have places to write them down. Here lately, God has given me ideas of things to write down and where to put them and how to organize it. Here are my latest writing projects:

PRAYER JOURNAL - I've been working on organizing a prayer journal for myself. It's taking a lot more time than I expected. But, the time spent on this is worth it because of the many things that are happening and of how I want to be more structured in my prayer time.

BIBLE STUDY JOURNAL - I've been doing this for quite some time. It's just a way for me to write down what God has shown me in His word and also a place for me to write out a prayer.

BLOG JOURNAL - Now, this is my best journal!! LOL I say that because I haven't been able to blog in a while. Now that I have this journal, it helps me to keep track of what happened during the week and I can write it all down on my blog (like I'm currently doing now! LOL)

BOOK JOURNAL - This is a way for me to keep a log of all the books I've read, plus have a place for me to write answers to those books that have questions at the end of a chapter (I love those kinds of books).

You maybe wondering why do I have so many journals. I have them for 2 reasons:
1. To be more organized
2. For others to read

I need to be more organized because if not, I'd have papers every where and then when I'm ready to look at them, I wouldn't know where it was or what I was looking at.

What I mean by "others" I'm speaking of my family. I'd like to think that I'm going to live forever, but only God knows the day and time of my death. So, with that said, I'd like for my kids (and grandchildren) to have something to remember me by. I'd like for my daughters to look and see that, "Hey! My mom ( or grandmother, great grandmother, etc.) struggled with that too?!" Since studying history (mainly black history personally), it's been amazing to read individuals struggles and their relationship with the world and the Lord. I hope that someone would be able to look back at my journals and see that I was a regular woman who had struggles and issues, but managed to still see my joy and dependency in Christ, my Lord.

Dear Lord, may others who read my writings see a woman who loves You and is passionately desiring to follow HARD after You. In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment