Jan 8, 2013

Keepsake Bible

I love how God gives me crafty ideas. I'm currently "working" on a gift that will be ready once I finish reading the bible chronologically. You see, I'd like to do better with reading through the bible. You know instead waiting for my pastor or some other pastor to tell me to turn to the book of HABAKKUK! LOL So, it's been REALLY encouraging and challenging to see how much the Lord has been teaching me through reading the different books in the bible. I haven't gotten to the new testament yet, but just being in the old testament, I'm SO amazed at the awesomeness of God's love and mercy for His people.

I'm constantly writing notes and comments in my bible. I'm also keeping a bible study/prayer journal. I hope to type up the verses, prayers, etc. and put it in devotional form, and add a note to my daughters (and future daughter-in-laws) and give it to them when they become a mother (or if not a mom, an adult living outside the house).

Thank You for giving me this idea. I hope to see it come true. In Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment