Jan 9, 2013

The E Girl

Okay, I confess, I have a HUGE PROBLEM with handling pressure. It's an issue that I confess, I need to STAY on the altar before the Lord. smh. Today was one of THOSE DAYS!! After trying to quickly prepare for my bible study class, I was asked if parents could be near the classroom since it was their daughter's first time away from them.

I had one of those television flash scenes of what I imagine what could happen (I confess, I love it when shows do that. EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS was famous for that! LOL). But, the struggle was probably written ALL OVER my face. I felt bad in the midst of it. I really didn't know what to do because I was torn on whether or not to comply.

But, praise be to God, I said yes to having them near. When the class started, I introduced her to the class and had each girl introduce themselves and tell her her name. She was so tickled. When her mom left, she was very comfortable. She giggled and said a few words here and there. It was a great sight. When the class had settled down, I peeked my head out of the room to tell the parents how she was doing. They thanked me so much. Their gratitude was really humbling (especially knowing how I was acting in the begining internally). But, God in His grace showed me the blessing of the fight of the flesh because it was TRULY a joy to be used to help make that sweet family feel encouraged that night.

Thank You Lord for using E and her parents to humble me and to also show me what can happen when I truly FIGHT to put sin to death, that the struggle is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment