Nov 25, 2014

Prepping for Thanksgiving 2014 (Part Two)



The Old Black Pot

As I was still getting ready for the big day on Thursday, I was happy to pull out the old BLACK POT. This pot has been baking turkeys as long as I known. Although I don't think it was planned for me to now have it, I'm glad that it has become mine (thanks Mom). I confess, I got a little emotional looking at it. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. Now, that I'm older and my parents are older, it's clear that times has truly changed and it's now my turn to carry old traditions and to create new ones.



I pulled out the BIRDY!!












Our HEART Place (Liberty Streets Apartment Complex)

We got to get a Thanksgiving kick-off with our Liberty Streets buddies. It was a great time getting ready for the big event. The kids helped out as much as they could.

Here we are checking out from Sam's club with the food to fix.
We carried some of the ingredients from the church's kitchen to take to the other kitchen in the gym. The boys needed a place to run and burn off some of their energy.
 My girls are such good helpers. Nelly and Kayla are unwrapping some of the food to cook in the oven.
 Nelly
 Kayla
Anna



 Me
I made some Pumpkin Spice tea. The kids didn't like it too much. But, my friend, Sharon did!! LOL
Zech helped to move the tables around.

 Nelly is setting up the table.



 Then some of the girls from the community came in and helped us set up.



This sweet woman came and helped (and she truly was a great help to me). We hit it off right from the start. I love when the Lord does that.

We had a great time out with our Liberty Streets family. They are such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment